Monday, April 22, 2013

ROUND UP!

A busy few weeks has seen me slacking with Blog, for that I apologise, I am trying to get as much work done before baby arrives. So I have been painting, printing and framing like a mad thing. A trip to Verbier to deliver some paintings, a trip to Abergavenny to get some prints made and a trip to Peterborough to get everything framed. I must say, it all looks lovely, I just need some sales now to help even out the finances! 

Craig at I-Pixel design did another fantastic job with the prints of 'On the way back down' - A Chamonix print (available for sale via my website www.stephanienoble.co.uk), although he did have rather a nightmare capturing it. When I collected it on Monday, I had not expected the painting to have destroyed his weekend entirely. 


The software would not stitch it together properly and Craig had spent most of Saturday and half of Sunday trying all sorts of techniques to try and get it to capture. His unblemished record of never letting a customer down in over 7 years was at stake and finally just as he reached the end of his tether, he managed to capture the painting. And I am so glad he did! On taking it to the framers (who also did a stellar job), I now have my very own Chamonix and Verbier prints hanging in my house! 






The crazy painting and framing of several new pieces took hold of my life for a good number of weeks, all in time to dash to Verbier and deliver them all to the Gallery. I am pleased to say that Nanuq gallery now has a wide range of original Stephanie Noble pieces, that should last well into the next season, unless there is a rush on S.Nobles. That would be nice. 

So now the gallery is stocked up! 




While I was there, I did a spot of hanging out with some awesome mates down in Chamonix. We had a spa day and everything. To top it off there was Champagne, an engagement celebration, a birthday celebration AND Wales won the Six nations in fantastic style. I also managed to grab a few lovely mountain shots which I hope to paint in the coming weeks, I have totally run out of canvas however and am hoping a sale comes in soon so I can reinvest and cram in a few more pictures before baby comes. 



While in Verbier, I did bring a painting back with me to enter it into a competition here, 'Lyskamm and the Twins' is a huge painting of a large glacier and three peaks in Zermatt. I am taking it down to London this saturday, along with 'On the way back down' for the selection process. I will let you know how I get on, watch this space! 



Despite this all keeping me very busy, I have also tried to shoehorn in some promotion, via social media sites. A little bit more labour intensive than I thought it would be and slightly too addictive. I find myself sneakily checking on my page to see how many new 'likes' and shares and 'people who have seen this post' notifications I have. But it is working and I hope to share my work with lots more new followers. Its hard to get your message out there without feeling like you are badgering people, which is something I am acutely aware of and try my best to avoid. A lot of marketing people will tell you you have to be pushy and persistent to get your message out there and stand out from the crowd. I am happy to agree with that, but find it a very unnatural position for me. 

To try and counter those feelings and give something back to the people who like and follow my work, I have launched a competition on facebook. In return for 'liking' my page and sharing the link, you get entered into a draw to win this mini painting of some Chamonix peaks. I dont think its a bad deal and I might do a few more of these competitions in the future as I have had a great response so far. If indeed, you are interested in this, please visit

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stephanie-Noble/241337365924578?ref=hl 

'like' the page and share the link. I am going to announce the winner on Facebook and Twitter at 12pm GMT on Friday 26th April 2013. So get cracking and Good Luck! 

                                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment